Hoosier Star 2020 Audition Rules and Information
MARCH 21 & 22, 2020
*Print both documents for your audition and reference.
PDF DOCUMENT OF GUIDELINES HERE!*
PDF DOCUMENT OF RULES HERE!*
PDF DOCUMENT OF THE HOOSIER STAR AUDITION FORM HERE!*
If you would like to submit your audience fee online, you may submit it through the PayPal form below. Please fill out the form as follows:
Payment Reference: Your full name, Hoosier Star 2020 Audition Fee
Amount to Pay: 20
Waiting for PayPal…
Validating payment information…
Waiting for PayPal…
Hoosier Star 2020 Audition Guidelines
Congratulations on your decision to audition for Hoosier STAR 2020! We are thrilled to have you, and wish you luck! Please review the following information regarding details for your audition performance.
- YOU WILL NEED TO BRING A PHOTO OF YOURSELF FOR THE JUDGES TO USE FOR CONTESTANT RECOGNITION DURING THEIR SELECTION MEETING. The photo will not be returned and does not need to be a professional headshot.
- You may arrive up to but no earlier than 15 minutes before your audition time slot. Anyone arriving any earlier than 15 minutes before your scheduled audition will be asked to wait outside of the building. If you would like to arrive earlier to check-in and come back at your time, this is welcomed. The theater is located just outside of the downtown area and is close in proximity to food, antique, and shopping locations.
- You may bring up to, but no more than, two people with you for support. Additional guests will be asked to wait outside of the building due to the small size of the audition venue.
- Arrive at the La Porte Little Theatre at 218 A St. in La Porte and enter the front doors. You will check in at the box office window which is located just inside the front doors.
- Here you will sign your release (if you registered on-line), receive your audition number and be directed as far as where you can wait.
- Be aware there is no space for warm up as this can unsteady other performers and interrupt audition focus. Do prepare for your performance before arriving.
- When you have finished your audition, you and any guests will not be allowed to stay to watch further auditions.
- All auditions will be reviewed and scored on point scale systems in an unbiased and ethical fashion. All finalists, including an alternate in each division, will be contacted within 10 days by phone. All other contestants will be notified by email.
- Please make sure to respect all fellow performers and guests by keeping cell phones turned off, keeping public displays of affection to a minimum (hugs for support are very appropriate), and by keeping talking to a minimum and quiet.
- Any display of aggression or intimidation, overt or implicit, toward other performers, guests, or judges will not be accepted. This behavior by you or any one of your guests will result in immediate expulsion from the audition process and venue. No refund of registration fee will be given.
- Chosen contestants must be available these mandatory dates;
- 4/18/20, 8/15/20, 8/22/20, 9/8/20, 9/11/20, 9/12/20
Hoosier STAR prides itself on promoting community ideals and principles of inclusion. We have, and continue to adapt the audition process each year to address any and all concerns that have been expressed or identified. We aim to make the audition experience as amazing as you are, and we hope you appreciate our dedication to making this process fair and enjoyable for all.
Please do not hesitate to call 219-362-9020 or email Hoosierstar2018@gmail.com if you have any questions regarding these guidelines.
Cherri Blair- Drayton
Hoosier STAR Chair 2020