Auditions for the 2018 competition will be:
Saturday March 24 – 9:00 am – 5:00 pm or Sunday, March 25 – Noon- 5:00 pm
Congratulations on your decision to audition for Hoosier STAR 2018! We are thrilled to have you, and wish you luck! Please review the following information regarding details for your audition performance.
REGISTER ONLINE BELOW TODAY!
Payment is required through PayPal before registration is confirmed. Please download the printable Hoosier STAR 2018 Audition Application to pay by check or money order. Mail completed audition forms along check or money order payments to Hoosier STAR Auditions, P.O. Box 563, La Porte, IN, 46352
- YOU WILL NEED TO BRING A PHOTO OF YOURSELF FOR THE JUDGES TO USE FOR CONTESTANT RECOGNITION DURING THEIR SELECTION The photo will not be returned and does not need to be a professional headshot.
- You may arrive up to but no earlier than 15 minutes before your audition time slot. Anyone arriving any earlier than 15 minutes before your scheduled audition will be asked to wait outside of the building. The theater is located just outside of the downtown area and is close in proximity to food, antique, and shopping locations.
- You may bring no more than two people with you for support. Additional guests will be asked to wait outside of the building due to venue size.
- Arrive at the La Porte Little Theatre at 218 A St. in La Porte and enter the front doors. You will check in at the box office window which is located just inside the front doors.
- Here you will receive your audition number and be directed as far as where you can wait.
- Be aware there is no space for warm up as this can unsteady other performers and interrupt audition focus. Do prepare for your performance before arriving.
- When you have finished your audition, you and any guests will not be allowed to stay to watch further auditions.
- All finalists, including an alternate in each division, will be contacted within 10 days by phone. All other contestants will be notified by email.
- Please make sure to respect all fellow performers and guests by keeping cell phones turned off, and by keeping talking to a minimum and quiet.
- Any display of aggression or intimidation, overt or implicit, toward other performers, guests, or judges will not be accepted. This behavior by you or any one of your guests will result in immediate expulsion from the audition process and venue. No refund of registration fee will be given.
Hoosier STAR prides itself on promoting community ideals and principles of inclusion. We have, and continue to adapt the audition process each year to address any and all concerns that have been expressed or identified. We aim to make the audition experience as amazing as you are, and we hope you appreciate our dedication to making this process fair and enjoyable for all.
Please review the Hoosier STAR 2018 Audition Rules, Requirements, and Information for directions on ALL audition requirements and policies.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions regarding the audition process!
Hoosier STAR 2018 Chairperson
From the audition, 10 finalists will prepare for the chance to participate in a competition on Saturday, September 8, 2018 at the La Porte Civic Auditorium, 1001 Ridge Street, La Porte, Indiana. These selected finalists will be accompanied by members of the La Porte County Symphony, led by their energetic music director Philip Bauman. It promises to be a program that is entertaining and full of surprises. Dreams are fulfilled as contestants perform in this exciting competition where entertaining musical performances unfold. Maestro Bauman and the orchestra work diligently to bring out the star qualities of each contestant.
Winners in the Adult Division will receive cash awards of $1,000 for first place and $500 for second place. Winners in the Youth Division will receive cash awards of $500 for first place and $250 for second place.
- You may audition separately as a solo and a duet, HOWEVER, any person/s will ONLY be selected to compete as a soloist OR a duet finalist.
- There must be a separate application and fee for each audition if you choose to audition as a soloist and duet.
Hoosier STAR details singers need to know
- WHAT: Hoosier STAR, a statewide vocal competition, is a benefit performance to raise funds for the La Porte County Symphony Orchestra’s educational programs. Amateur singers of all musical types will compete for prizes. Auditions are to determine finalists to compete for cash prizes for the winners of the September 8, 2018 event where the audience and celebrity judges will choose the winners.
- WHO: Contestants must be a resident of the state of Indiana or Southwest Michigan.
- WHEN: March 24, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm & March 25, Noon – 5:00 pm CDT
- WHERE: La Porte Little Theatre, 218 A Street, La Porte, Indiana 46350
- HOW: Preregister for a time slot with a $20 audition fee payable through PayPal with online registration, or mail downloadable application to pay with check or money order.
- WALK INS: Walk-ins are accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis and will be worked into the audition schedule where possible. $20 fee to be paid by cash, check or money order ONLY. There will be no option to pay by credit card at the door.