Auditions for the 2018 competition will be:
Saturday March 24 – 9:00 am – 5:00 pm or Sunday, March 25 – Noon- 5:00 pm
Vocalists that are not pre-registered will be scheduled on a first come first served basis. Bring a recent photograph of yourself and be ready to sing!
Open Auditions for DUET and/or Solo Vocalists!
From the audition, 10 finalists will prepare for the chance to participate in a competition on Saturday, September 8, 2018 at the La Porte Civic Auditorium, 1001 Ridge Street, La Porte, Indiana. These selected finalists will be accompanied by members of the La Porte County Symphony, led by their energetic music director Philip Bauman. It promises to be a program that is entertaining and full of surprises. Dreams are fulfilled as contestants perform in this exciting competition where entertaining musical performances unfold. Maestro Bauman and the orchestra work diligently to bring out the star qualities of each contestant.
The winners of the September competition win prize money, but it doesn’t come easy as it is the audience in attendance September 10th that determines the winners. The top finishers in the Adult Division will receive cash awards of $1,000 for first place and $500 for second place. The top winners in the Youth Division will receive cash awards of $500 for first place and $250 for second place.
- You may audition separately as a solo and a duet, HOWEVER, any person/s will ONLY be selected to compete as a soloist OR a duet finalist.
- There must be a separate application and fee for each audition if you choose to audition as a soloist and duet.
Sign Up Online
Hoosier STAR 2018 Online Application
Online applications are accepted until Friday, March 23, 2018 – On the Weekend of March 24 & 25, walk-in’s are accepted and will be worked into the schedule.
Download Forms and Mail in Application
Hoosier STAR details singers need to know
- WHAT: Hoosier STAR, a statewide vocal competition, is a benefit performance to raise funds for the La Porte County Symphony Orchestra’s educational programs. Amateur singers of all musical types will compete for prizes. Auditions are to determine finalists to compete for cash prizes for the winners of the September 8, 2018 event where the audience will choose the winners.
- WHO: Contestants must be a resident of the state of Indiana or Southwest Michigan.
- WHEN: March 24, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm & March 25, Noon – 5:00 pm CDT
- WHERE: La Porte Little Theatre, 218 A Street, La Porte, Indiana 46350
- HOW: Preregister for a time slot with a $20 audition fee payable online
Submit Signed form and payment to:
Hoosier Star Auditions
P.O. Box 563
La Porte, IN 46352-0563
For more information contact:
La Porte County Symphony Orchestra